RCWS Membership Rules:
Those seeking membership must understand that the RCWS is not a “drinking club”. Our tastings / meetings are guided by our love for whisky and camaraderie.
1) You must be invited by a current member.
2) New members will pay $20 initiation fee when signing up between Nov. 1 and Sept 1. They will begin paying annual dues the next Oct.1. Those signing up in September or October will simply pay the annual dues as their initiation fee.
3) Dues are $25 per year payable the first week of October.
4) Upon joining you will be assigned a Member Number. At the start of your first full year you will receive a tasting glass with an etching of the RCWS logo and your member number. (Additional glasses can be ordered through the club.)
5) Expulsion from RCWS: Bring disgrace to the Society, act like a jerk or mistreat another member and you’re out!!!
1) Membership will be capped at 50 active members…..with one exception (see below).
2) If a member is inactive for two years he will be replaced with a new member. That new member will be given the next available Member Number. Meaning: Member Numbers will only be assigned once.
Exception: Once the active membership reaches 50, the only new members allowed will be immediate family of an active member: Father, Son or Brother.
Tastings / Meetings:
1) Tastings / Meetings will be held every other month: February, April, June, August, October and December (Christmas Party).
2) Cost to attend is $20 per person.
3) Each member is allowed to bring a guest.