RCWS Membership Rules:
Those seeking membership must understand that the RCWS is not a drinking club. Our tastings / meetings are guided by our love for whisky and camaraderie.
- You must be invited by a current member to attend a meeting or to be placed on the Membership Waiting List
- Dues are $125 per year payable during the last quarter of the calendar year.
- Upon joining you will be assigned a Member Number. At the start of your first full year you will receive a tasting glass with an etching of the RCWS logo and your member number. (Additional glasses can be ordered through the club.)
- If you would like a lower member number, one vacated by an inactive member, the cost is an $80 (or more) bottle of whisky.
- Expulsion from RCWS: Bring disgrace to the Society, act like a jerk or mistreat another member and youre out!!!
- Membership will be capped at 50 active members..with one exception (see below).
- If a member fails to pay his annual dues in a timely manner he will be replaced with a new member. That new member will be given the next available Member Number.
Exception: Once the active membership reaches 50, the only new members allowed will be immediate family of an active member: Father, Son or Brother.
Tastings / Meetings:
- Tastings / Meetings will be held every other month: January (Holiday Party), March, May, July (Members Only), September, and November.
- Cost to attend is $25 per guest, except the Holiday Party, which is free.
- Each member is allowed to bring guests.
- If you are inviting guests to a meeting you must also attend.