RCWS Membership Rules:
Those seeking membership must understand that the RCWS is not a “drinking club”. Our tastings / meetings are guided by our love for whisky and camaraderie.
- You must be invited by a current member.
- New members will pay $25 initiation fee when signing up between Nov. 1 and Sept 1. They will begin paying annual dues the next Oct.1. Those signing up in September or October will simply pay the annual dues as their initiation fee.
- Dues are $25 per year payable in October.
- Upon joining you will be assigned a Member Number. At the start of your first full year you will receive a tasting glass with an etching of the RCWS logo and your member number. (Additional glasses can be ordered through the club.)
- Expulsion from RCWS: Bring disgrace to the Society, act like a jerk or mistreat another member and you’re out!!!
- Membership will be capped at 50 active members…..with one exception (see below).
- If a member fails to pay his annual dues in a timely manner he will be replaced with a new member. That new member will be given the next available Member Number. Meaning: Member Numbers will only be assigned once.
Exception: Once the active membership reaches 50, the only new members allowed will be immediate family of an active member: Father, Son or Brother.
Tastings / Meetings:
- Tastings / Meetings will be held every other month: March, May, July (Member’s Only), September, November and January (Holiday Party).
- Cost to attend is $25 per person, except the Holiday Party, which is free.
- Each member is allowed to bring a guest.